Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Elbow

Not only is their new album (The Seldom Seen Kid) a beautifully crafted letter of intimacy but they have a remarkable knack of inciting sad reflection whilst lifting you with hints of soaring optimism. Elbow have release 4 albums now and I really hope they reach the global heights they deserve. You can't help but smile listening to Newborn; Fugitive Motel speaks to everyone who's been away from their loved one for a long time; from the new album, Weather To Fly makes you want to lift off the ground and bathe in sunlight; then there's Scattered Black & Whites - close your eyes with this playing in your ears and tell me you don't feel like a kid again.
I'm spreading the gospel across the States - find these albums. Come to me and I'll give them to you. Play them whenever you're travelling from A to B. Let it wash over you and your day will be all the better for it.

No comments: